- Include Elephants, tree hyrax, white tailed mongoose, suni, black fronted duiker, mole rat, bushbucks, water buck and Elands. Animals rarely seen include leopard, bongo, giant forest hog .
- Over 130 bird species have been recorded.
Important Information for Visitors
- All visitors should enter the park with a qualified and certified guide. Guides and potters have identification cards issued by the park management.
- Disposable plastic water bottles are not allowed in the park.
- Guides and potters are not allowed to carry luggage that exceed 25KG. Weighing of luggage will be done at the gate on entry.
- All visitors are required to check in and out of the park, this is done by recording personal information in the entry and exit books.
Photos of Mt. Kenya National Park
Best Time to Go
December – March, All year round
November – February